When I am going to work, I usually try to keep my makeup as minimal as possible, since I like to sleep in as much as I can. This is what I have been using almost every day since summer has begun. There are some days where if I know I am going out later, I will wear more makeup but if I am just going to work, I like to keep things very basic.
- Step 1: Applying sunscreen. I have been pretty bad about SPF in the past, but this year, I have been more determined to use it frequently. I have been using Coola Sunscreen which is organic and this doubles as both sunscreen and as a moisturizer.
- Step 2: Powder. I do find that the sunscreen leaves me looking pretty dewy, boardline oily looking, so I like to powder afterwards. Recently, I have been loving the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which has been highly raved about in the beauty community. It is super affordable and leaves my skin looking and staying matte all day.
- Step 3: Brows. I cannot leave my house if I do not draw in my brows and I usually alternate using the Ana or the Maybelline brow.
- Step 4: Eyeliner. Sometimes, when I am extra lazy/woke up late, I would just stop at step 3 but other days, I would move onto eyeliner. My holy grail eyeliner has been the Kiko Milano.
- Step 5: Mascara. Once, I’m done with eyeliner, I like to top it off with mascara. The mascara, I have been using (since forever) is the Covergirl…
Usually, I can go through all the steps in about 5-10 minutes, unless I am having a bad brow/eyeliner day. What products do you guys use on a daily and how long does it take you guys to do your makeup in the morning?
Recently, as the warmer weather has been approaching I have been changing up my makeup to fit the weather. I usually do not like wearing too much makeup when it gets hot out, as I do not like my face feeling super heavy. Here has been my go to make-up routine when I go out during the daytime during the weekend (usually when I go to work, I just put on some brows and head out the door – too tired for anything else!)
- Korres Quercetin and Oak Anti-ageing Foundation: This has been my favorite foundation for months now, I always find myself reaching back for it because it does not make my face cake-y. While this foundation makes my skin look flawless, it always still looks very natural. I will need to switch to a different foundation soon as this foundation is getting too light for me.
- Make-Up Geek Eyeshadows: I’m not a huge eye shadow person because personally I am not quite sure how to use them. But I have been using “Beaches and Cream” all over my lid and using “Frappe” on the corner of my eyes to provide some depth and I think it looks pretty nice.
- Maybelline Fit-Me Concealers: I have been trying to finish up these two items for the longest time and it never seems to be used up. Therefore, I am forcing myself to use only this concealer until I finish it so that I can finally use try out different ones. I do actually love this concealer but I would like to try out different ones.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define: You guys already know that this is my go-to brow product so it is not surprising that this product is here!
- Kiko Milano Eye Marker: As I mentioned in my April favorites, this has been my new holy grail eyeliner. It does not budge no matter how oily my eyelids get. This eyeliner goes on extremely black and stays super intensely black the whole day which is why I am so in love with this eyeliner.
- Covergirl Lash Blast VolumeCovergirl Lash Blast Volume: This is my current mascara that I have been trying out. I do not love it but I do not hate it either, it does the job of lengthening and making my lashes look super black but sadly it does not keep my lashes curled. I am still on the hunt for a good mascara so if you guys have any recommendations do let me know 🙂
- Benefits High Beam Highlight: This was another product that I had in my April Favorites. I have been moving towards liquid highlighters because I do find that they make my skin look less patchy and cake-y. This highlighter is great for a subtle highlight and makes you glow without making you look like a disco ball.
- NARS duo in Laguna and Orgasm: Recently instead of contouring I have just been using bronzer. I have mentioned this before but my Laguna is not very pigmented for some reason (I think that I got a bad one) but recently I have been liking that because I can slowly build up my bronzer without going overboard all at once. I always finish off with Orgasm as my blush since it is such a nice pink shade.