The month of July has flew by in a blink of an eye. Summer is pretty much half over at this point and I am not ready for it!! Today, I am going to share with you some of my favorite products for the month of July. Since I have been trying to use up my make up before buying new ones, there is only a few new items in this post.
- Maybelline Facestudio Master Fix: Wear Boosting Setting Spray: I have always used my Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray since I have started wearing makeup but I wanted to find a drug store alternative. I picked this up the other day at CVS when they were having a sale and it retails for $9.99 for 3.4 fl oz which is very affordable. Currently, I have been reaching for this product more than my Urban Decay one because I find that it does keep my makeup looking fresh and matte throughout the day. It helps my makeup last longer at a fraction of the price compared to the Urban Decay setting spray. My only two complaints are that it does smell a little weird and it does not come out cool compared to the Urban Decay one (unsure if this is because of the hot weather but I feel like my Urban Decay one always sprays out cool).
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlight in Opal: As I have mentioned previously, I love Becca highlighters because they are extremely pigmented. Opal is one of my favorite shades, it is a golden pearl color that is extremely flattering for a variety of skin tones. I have this shade in both the liquid and powder form and recently I have been loving the liquid form because I find that it is more flattering on me. It does not look cake-y and patchy compared to the powder one!
- BH Cosmetics 11 Piece Make-Up Brush Set: This set of rose gold brushes are so pretty that the photo does not do them justice. They retail for $23 and they contain a foundation brush, powder brush, contour brush and a whole bunch of eye brushes. They are extremely good quality and feel super soft. There has not been any shedding when I wash the brush and I just love how they feel on my skin.
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure: I have been wearing the shades “In Full Blue-m” which is a pale grey blue shade and “Devil Wears Nada” which is a pale pink shade nonstop. They are super flattering shades and great for the summer time. The formula is also pretty good, I can usually wear them for a week with minimal chipping and I work an office job so I type constantly.
Hopefully, I will have more products to show in the month of August! For now, what have been your favorite products that you have been loving?
Hello! I have been gone for pretty much the whole month of June. This month was a busy one for me as I had to go to Chicago for a business trip in the beginning of the month and then my birthday weekend once I came back. The rest of June was spent catching up with all the work that I had put aside while I was gone! Everything has finally calmed down and I am glad to be back to posting.
Since the month of June has past, I am back with my June Favorites! Since I have been super busy, I have not had the chance to try out a lot of new products but I have been adding some old favorites back into my daily routine.
- Coola SPF 30 Face Classic Sunscreen: Since it is the summer time, I decided to add sunscreen into my daily routine. I have been trying to add sunscreen to my routine for a couple of years now as I want to prevent sunspots on my face, however I hate the way that sunscreen feels. Recently, I decided to try out the Coola sunscreen and I absolutely love it. It is organic and does not feel heavy at all. It goes on like a moisturizer and does not feel sticky to the touch. I also got the unscented version and it does not smell at all which is preferred since I dislike the smell of sunscreens.
- Sephora Solid Clean: Solid Brush Cleaner: I have mix feelings about this product. This is a brush cleaner soap that comes with a sponge, I hate the sponge that comes with the soap as I find that it does not effectively remove all the makeup that is on my brushes. However, I do really like the soap as long as I use another sponge (this is one that the I ordered off Amazon). I find that it leaves my brushes smelling extremely nice and leaves them feeling very soft as well.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent: So many people have said amazing things about this product and it is definitely well deserved. I am not a huge fan of this product for the colder days as I find it does cling to my dry patches as I have dry skin. However, this product works great during the hotter days. I find that it keeps my skin matte even when it is extremely hot outside and it prevents me from looking like an oily sweaty mess.
- Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid Foundation: This product was in my April Favorites and I had to mention it again because for the month of June, I have been loving this product especially paired with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This foundation has a dewy finish which I like since I normally have dry skin, however I always loved the look of a matte foundation base which I am able to obtain when I set this foundation with the Rimmel Stay Matte. I will most likely be wearing this foundation for the rest of the summer since it is working so well for me (and because this is currently the only foundation that is dark enough for my tan haha).
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – Paaarty: I actually got this product from the Sephora Birthday Gift set. This was actually a set that I was super excited for since I have been dying to try the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blushes. This shade is extremely flattering and not overly pigmented so you can slowly build the color up to your desire. The blush itself was beautiful and I can see why so many people rave about the Amazonian Clay blushes!
I would love to hear what makeup/beauty products you guys are currently loving.
The month of April just flew by! I spent a week in April in sunny California with my best friend which was a lot of fun. There aren’t too many new products that I have tried out this month but there are some of the items that I have been loving or reach for extremely often.
- Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation: I just wrote a review about this previously and I mentioned that the color that I got was not my color. However, after coming back from Cali, I got a shade or two darker and now this foundation fits me perfectly. I am loving this foundation, it is not too cakey and it is able to provide my skin with a flawless finish.
- LA Girl Pro Concealer: This is one of my favorite affordable concealers and I did a review on these a while back on my blog. They are about $3 a tube and they are pretty full coverage without making you look cakey. There are also so many shades that I use these for both highlighting and contouring (which is why I own so many tubes of different shades). I stopped using these for a while to try to finish using up my Fit Me and Kat Von D concealer, but I went back to these this month and I’m currently loving them.
- Benefits High Beam Highlight: This was a sample size item that I got with another one of my benefits items during black Friday. I have not had much experience with liquid highlighters so I was both excited and scared to try this out. It looks like a light pink highlighter in the tube and I dab a couple drops along my cheekbones and blend it out with my finger. This was surprisingly easy to work with and I find that it provides my skin with such a nice glow without being too overwhelming.
- ELF Cream Gel Eyeliner: I have had this product for about a year now but I never tried using it. Recently, I ran out of my liquid eyeliner and did not have time to get a new one so I decided to use a gel eyeliner instead. This product is very creamy and glides on super easily. It is also way darker than my liquid eyeliner so I really liked that. The only downside to this product is that it smudges but then again all my liquid eyeliners smudge. I find that this product is able to make my wing look more dramatic compared to when I just use liquid eyeliner.
- Kiko Milano Eye Marker: Previously I had mentioned that all the liquid eyeliners I have tried in the past have smudged on me, but then I found this product. When we were walking about Los Angles, we stumbled upon a Kiko Milano store so we decided to pick up this eyeliner since the package was super cute and when we tried the eyeliner on our arms it was super black. It was not till I started wearing it the day after that I realized how amazing this product really was. When I first started using it, I was not too impressed because the brush felt stiff and was a bit rough against my eye (although now that I have used it more, the brush is a lot softer). However, at the end of the day, my eyeliner was exactly as dark as it was when I drew it on in the morning. There was absolutely no smudging and I fell in love with this product. Highly recommend this product if you have oily eyelids like me!!
The month of February flew by (then again it was a short month). Since I am still on a no buy until March, I decided to go through my old makeup and use items that I have not touch in a while. Most of my February favorites are old items that I have been finding myself reaching for more often.
- ELF Contour Palette: This palette was not one of my favorite contour kits compared to all the other ones I own but I decided to give it another chance this month. I have actually been using the lightest shade in this palette to highlight my brow bone. It provides a nice glow without being too overwhelming but I do find that it is too subtle for my cheekbones so I put it on my brow bone instead. I still don’t find the other shades too impressive as I find that they are not pigmented for my liking. But I do think it is a great affordable contour kit, especially for beginners since the shades are not super pigmented it is easier to use.
- Hoola Bronzer: This was on my 2016 Favorites and for good reason. It is one of my favorite bronzers of all times because it is super flattering on the skin. Hoola provides my skin with a nice tan glow without making me look too muddy. This month however, I have actually been using it all over my lid for a subtle color. In the mornings, I am always too lazy to wear heavy makeup but I do like a bit of color and Hoola bronzer has been my go-to this month.
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer: I am actually planning to write a full review on this, but this has been my favorite foundation of this month. It has light/medium coverage and I find that it does cover up my flaws without making my face look too cake-y. However, if I do use too much powder, I do find that some parts of my face do look super dry. But I love how it feels on my skin and it does not feel tacky so I do not need to use a powder.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I only have a sample size of this product but I love it. It does feel like a regular silicon primer, but it makes my make up last all day. After using this primer, my foundation/concealer goes on super easily and everything is super blendable. My base makeup looks super smooth whenever I use this primer and I am definitely considering getting the full size once I am done with the sample size.
- NYX Prismatic Pro Single Eyeshadow (Quad): My best friend got me this for Christmas and I had never actually tried out NYX single eyeshadows until now. They are pretty pigmented and very good quality. I have been loving the darkest color there (which I actually don’t know the name/number of), I usually use it on the corner of my eye, to provide more depth to my eyes. On a day to day basis, I tend to put Hoola bronzer all over my lid and the NYX color on the outside corner of my eye to provide more depth. I am very impressed with these colors and is considering getting more, I love how they are also singles so you can essentially create your own palette.
If I had to leave the house with only one makeup item on my face, it would be my brows. When I first started wearing make-up, I never realized the importance of brows. After my best friend helped me fill in my brows on day, my life was forever changed. Brows help to frame the face and by just filling in my brows, my face automatically looks more awake.
Theses are my holy grail brow products that I use on the daily. I am going to be honest and say that I do not try out brow products really often; but that is only because I am already so obsessed with the brow products that I already own.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz: I am sure that everyone has heard of this product because all the Youtubers have raved about this product one time or another. This was my first brow pencil ever and the moment I used it, I knew why everyone loved it so much. It glides on extremely smoothly and it is so precise. Especially when I was a beginner, I needed something with a “fine” tip so that I could get my brows to look the way I wanted them too. This product is so easy to use and I would say it is a great staple for any beginners. The color that I use is dark brown as I find it matches best with my dark brown hair. This product does last all day as well which is amazing because nobody wants to look in the mirror and see half their brows missing during lunch time.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define + Fill Duo: I picked up this product when I was looking for a dupe for the Brow Wiz because paying $21 for a brow product that I use every day was a bit pricey for me. I picked up this product from the drug store and it worked way better than I expected. It goes on extremely smoothly and lasts all day as well. The only problem is that the tip is not as “fine” as the brow wiz. I usually like outlining my brows with the Brow Wiz and then filling them in with the Eyestudio Brow Define.
- Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer: This is the newest item to my brow collection, I like this for keeping my brows in place and for giving my brows more volume. It makes my brows look more “natural” but I have to say that the applicator is not the greatest. It is a bit hard to be precise with this product but I do like using it occasionally when I want more volume in my brows.
The month of January flew by and since I have been doing a no spend I decided to go through my make-up collection to try out some items that I may have forgotten about. I have a bunch of items that I recently fell in love with again, some of these items I have loved in the past and some of these items I was meh about in the beginning but they have started to work for me now.
- ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer: When I first tried this primer, I did not find that it was anything special. However, the more I began using it the more I began liking it. It helps to smooth out my skin and my foundation/BB cream goes on so smoothly afterwards. I really like how it feels on my skin and how soft it makes my skin feel afterwards.
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream: I use to love this but for some reason I had put it away and completely forgot about it. To be honest I am not a huge fan of foundation as I find that it makes me look super cake-y, therefore I turned to BB cream as they are more lightweight while still providing coverage. This product is great for covering up small blemishes while still feeling lightweight on my skin.
- Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I actually heard of this eyeliner from Jen (Beauddiction), she mentioned that this eyeliner would be a great dupe for the Kat Von D eyeliner in Trooper. Since I had just ran out of my regular eyeliner, I decided to pick it up. It has a super fine tip which is great for creating a winged eyeliner. The tip is extremely soft as well which sometimes makes it a bit hard to control. It is a great black eyeliner for an extremely affordable price.
- ELF Baked Highlighter and Bronzer: I got this in my Influenster box and I was never a fan of the bronzer. However, the highlighter on the other hand is extremely pretty. I find that it is a great everyday highlighter, it provides a nice glow to the face without being too shiny.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy – Pink Kiss: I never use to wear blush but I wanted to expand my make-up skills so I began playing around with blush. This is a great pale pink color without much glittery particles in it. It is a pretty matte shade which I really like since I normally put highlighter on top and I do not want my face to be too sparkly. The blush is also pretty pigmented so you do need a light hand if you do not want too much pink on your cheeks.
- Nars – Laguna and Orgasm Duo: These two are probably the most popular blush and bronzer by Nars. Since I was not sure how I would like them, I decided to get the travel size duo. This way I could try both products without committing to a full size product in case I was not a fan. To be honest, I feel like my Laguna shade is extremely not pigmented. I have to dip my brush into it multiple times before I get any color on my skin; since I have heard good things, I believe that I just got a bad batch. The Orgasm blush on the other hand is a pretty pink shade, there is sparkles in this blush compared to the Estee Lauder one. I love the color that it provides to my cheeks and it is not as pigmented as the Estee Lauder so there is a lower chance that you might overload on this color.
2016 has been the year where I began experimenting more with make-up. I have been using makeup for a while but 2016 was the year where I began trying out new trends and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Here are some of my favorite products of 2016, these products may not have been launched in 2016 but they were the items that I discovered in 2016 and found myself reaching for constantly.
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour: This was my first high-end contour palette that I got for myself this year and I absolutely love it. It seems amazing and does it great job contouring and it is a great palette for beginners.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer: Got to try this item through Influencer and was really impressed by how much I liked it. It is extremely creamy, blend-able and full coverage.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: This is pretty much my holy grail setting spray that I use every single time I do a full face of makeup. It helps to set my makeup and helps my makeup last all night long regardless of where I go. It is definitely a necessity in my make-up routine.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: This is the most recent contour palette to join my contour kit family but I am already loving this product. There is six shades that are removeable/replaceable which I love since you can essentially customize this palette to your desired shades. The shades themselves are so buttery and blend-able as well.
- Becca: Champagne Pop: This has been the highlighter that I had been waiting so long to get my hands on and I am so glad that I did. It is a beautiful soft white highlight with peachy undertones and it is absolutely stunning on. I have been non-stop wearing this product since I got it.
- Hoola Bronzer: This is the bronzer that people raved out for ages. I am pretty sure that everyone and their mother owns this bronzer. When I finally picked up this bronzer I finally understood the hype, it is a great bronzer that provides a beautiful bronze look without making you look muddy. It works for so many skin tones as well!
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip : Colourpop has been one of my favorite companies for liquid lipsticks, they are so affordable and the quality is pretty amazing. They are long lasting, pigmented and have a HUGE color range. In 2016, I have pretty much only reached for liquid lipsticks especially the colourpop ones.
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation: I got this product from Influenster way back when it first launched. Back then I did not use it much but in 2016 this has became my go-to foundation. It is light to medium coverage and very buildable. It is super blendable and makes my skin look super natural without making me look cake-y.
I am super excited for all the new make-up that is launching in 2017 and there is already a running list of make-up products that I want to try out. I do want to work on destashing my make-up collection before I go crazy and buy a huge amount of makeup though!