Recently, as the warmer weather has been approaching I have been changing up my makeup to fit the weather. I usually do not like wearing too much makeup when it gets hot out, as I do not like my face feeling super heavy. Here has been my go to make-up routine when I go out during the daytime during the weekend (usually when I go to work, I just put on some brows and head out the door – too tired for anything else!)
- Korres Quercetin and Oak Anti-ageing Foundation: This has been my favorite foundation for months now, I always find myself reaching back for it because it does not make my face cake-y. While this foundation makes my skin look flawless, it always still looks very natural. I will need to switch to a different foundation soon as this foundation is getting too light for me.
- Make-Up Geek Eyeshadows: I’m not a huge eye shadow person because personally I am not quite sure how to use them. But I have been using “Beaches and Cream” all over my lid and using “Frappe” on the corner of my eyes to provide some depth and I think it looks pretty nice.
- Maybelline Fit-Me Concealers: I have been trying to finish up these two items for the longest time and it never seems to be used up. Therefore, I am forcing myself to use only this concealer until I finish it so that I can finally use try out different ones. I do actually love this concealer but I would like to try out different ones.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define: You guys already know that this is my go-to brow product so it is not surprising that this product is here!
- Kiko Milano Eye Marker: As I mentioned in my April favorites, this has been my new holy grail eyeliner. It does not budge no matter how oily my eyelids get. This eyeliner goes on extremely black and stays super intensely black the whole day which is why I am so in love with this eyeliner.
- Covergirl Lash Blast VolumeCovergirl Lash Blast Volume: This is my current mascara that I have been trying out. I do not love it but I do not hate it either, it does the job of lengthening and making my lashes look super black but sadly it does not keep my lashes curled. I am still on the hunt for a good mascara so if you guys have any recommendations do let me know 🙂
- Benefits High Beam Highlight: This was another product that I had in my April Favorites. I have been moving towards liquid highlighters because I do find that they make my skin look less patchy and cake-y. This highlighter is great for a subtle highlight and makes you glow without making you look like a disco ball.
- NARS duo in Laguna and Orgasm: Recently instead of contouring I have just been using bronzer. I have mentioned this before but my Laguna is not very pigmented for some reason (I think that I got a bad one) but recently I have been liking that because I can slowly build up my bronzer without going overboard all at once. I always finish off with Orgasm as my blush since it is such a nice pink shade.
As summer approaches there are a bunch of new make-up items that recently released that I want to try out. Some of these have been on the market longer than others but I feel like all these products would be great to try for the summer time.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit: I have heard extremely good things about Anastasia glow kits and have been wanting to try one but have not found one that was different than all my other highlighters. Recently, they came out with the Aurora glow kit which is supposed to be the sister of the Moonchild kit (which is absolutely stunning) and the colors are super unique and unlike any other highlighters that I currently have.
- Cover Fx Custom Enhancing Drops – Halo: I actually tried my friend’s Cover Fx drops and they were amazing. The pigmentation was crazy and it made my skin look super glowy. Recently, I find myself reaching for liquid highlighters more than my powder ones because I find that they look less patchy on my skin. Since I am all about this holographic highlighter trend, I really want the color Halo.
- Milani Make it Last Setting Spray: This setting spray has been raved about by so many youtubers. I don’t try out setting sprays really often, the only one I have used is the Urban Decay one and I really want to experiment with other setting sprays (preferably a drugstore one so I do not need to spend so much money buying a high end one).
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist: I have heard mixed reviews about this product, some mention that their skin broke out when they used this product but they like the product overall and would continue using if it did not break them out. Since I usually do not break out from make up products, I figured that would not be such a big issue for me. This is also on my list of setting sprays to try out in order to find a replacement for my Urban Decay setting spray.
- L’oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Glow Concealer: This is the newest item on the list, it released only a couple of days ago on Amazon only! I believe it is not yet in the drug store yet. Some mention that they were trying to go for the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer experience, as that concealer has been on my wish list for the longest time I figured that this might be a good drug store alternative to try out. A lot of the colors are sold out on Amazon at the moment so I will likely wait a bit longer and read more reviews before actually purchasing.
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer: This is another extremely new item to Sephora. I have only ever used Becca highlighters which are amazing, the glow they provide is insane. The reviews for these have been promising and since summer is coming, I am on the hunt for a good bronzer. I want to go for a nice glowly tanned look for the summer so I am trying to expand my range of bronzers as I currently only have Hoola by Benefit and Laguna by Nars.
Have any of you guys tried out any of these products and what are your opinions on them? I would love to hear what you guys have to say about these products before I commit to purchasing them!
As I was gathering products for this blog post, I realized how bad I am at finishing makeup products. Every month I have been meaning to do an empties post, but every month I realized I only used up about two items. I ended up compiling all my empties from February to April and still I only ended up with the following items. My goal for the next three months is to try to finish more products so that I can purchase new makeup items.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz: This is my all-time favorite brow product and since I always do my brows, it was no surprise that this was part of my empties. I always make sure that I have back up of this in my house.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define + Fill Duo: This is my favorite drug store brow product and I actually find myself reaching for this more than my brow wiz. One of the main reasons is because it works extremely well and it is so much more affordable than my brow wiz. I am not at the point in my life where I can drop $21 for a brow product every three months so I try to use the drugstore alternative more often.
- Softlips Cube 5-1 Lip Care: I actually got this product way back in an Influenster box and since I have so many lip balms, I constantly forgot about this product. To be honest, it is not my favorite lip balm and I cannot see myself repurchasing. It retails for around $3-$5 which is not too expensive but I do not find it to be very moisturizing. It does not provide me with the deep moisturize that I want but rather just sits as a thin film on top of my lips.
- LA Girl Pro Concealer – Cool Tan: This is one of my all-time favorite concealers because it is so affordable and high coverage. I tend to use the shade cool tan to contour my cheeks and it always provide a nice subtle contour that I really liked. However, when I tried to contour with this recently, it began to look extremely muddy on my face. I decided to part with this product for that reason, as I am unsure if it is just because I have had it for such a long time (two years and counting).
- Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I featured this eyeliner in my January Favorites a while back because it was a great dupe for the Kat Von D Tattoo liner. It was a great product (until I discovered the Kiko Milano eyeliner that I featured in my April Favorites) but the only problem I had with it was that it was not black enough for my liking. It also dried up in a month which was extremely fast in my opinion.
- Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara: This product came in one of my Influenster packages and I was skeptical about this mascara since I have never heard of this brand. However, it actually worked pretty well, it lengthened my lashes and did not smudge which is two of the main things I look for in mascara. I did not find that it helped with curls but I have yet to find a mascara that helps to define curled lashes.
It is quite sad that I only managed to use up six products in the span of three months. I am going to try to finish up more makeup items in the coming months so that I can justify buying more makeup to try out.