The month of April just flew by! I spent a week in April in sunny California with my best friend which was a lot of fun. There aren’t too many new products that I have tried out this month but there are some of the items that I have been loving or reach for extremely often.
- Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation: I just wrote a review about this previously and I mentioned that the color that I got was not my color. However, after coming back from Cali, I got a shade or two darker and now this foundation fits me perfectly. I am loving this foundation, it is not too cakey and it is able to provide my skin with a flawless finish.
- LA Girl Pro Concealer: This is one of my favorite affordable concealers and I did a review on these a while back on my blog. They are about $3 a tube and they are pretty full coverage without making you look cakey. There are also so many shades that I use these for both highlighting and contouring (which is why I own so many tubes of different shades). I stopped using these for a while to try to finish using up my Fit Me and Kat Von D concealer, but I went back to these this month and I’m currently loving them.
- Benefits High Beam Highlight: This was a sample size item that I got with another one of my benefits items during black Friday. I have not had much experience with liquid highlighters so I was both excited and scared to try this out. It looks like a light pink highlighter in the tube and I dab a couple drops along my cheekbones and blend it out with my finger. This was surprisingly easy to work with and I find that it provides my skin with such a nice glow without being too overwhelming.
- ELF Cream Gel Eyeliner: I have had this product for about a year now but I never tried using it. Recently, I ran out of my liquid eyeliner and did not have time to get a new one so I decided to use a gel eyeliner instead. This product is very creamy and glides on super easily. It is also way darker than my liquid eyeliner so I really liked that. The only downside to this product is that it smudges but then again all my liquid eyeliners smudge. I find that this product is able to make my wing look more dramatic compared to when I just use liquid eyeliner.
- Kiko Milano Eye Marker: Previously I had mentioned that all the liquid eyeliners I have tried in the past have smudged on me, but then I found this product. When we were walking about Los Angles, we stumbled upon a Kiko Milano store so we decided to pick up this eyeliner since the package was super cute and when we tried the eyeliner on our arms it was super black. It was not till I started wearing it the day after that I realized how amazing this product really was. When I first started using it, I was not too impressed because the brush felt stiff and was a bit rough against my eye (although now that I have used it more, the brush is a lot softer). However, at the end of the day, my eyeliner was exactly as dark as it was when I drew it on in the morning. There was absolutely no smudging and I fell in love with this product. Highly recommend this product if you have oily eyelids like me!!