The month of February flew by (then again it was a short month). Since I am still on a no buy until March, I decided to go through my old makeup and use items that I have not touch in a while. Most of my February favorites are old items that I have been finding myself reaching for more often.
- ELF Contour Palette: This palette was not one of my favorite contour kits compared to all the other ones I own but I decided to give it another chance this month. I have actually been using the lightest shade in this palette to highlight my brow bone. It provides a nice glow without being too overwhelming but I do find that it is too subtle for my cheekbones so I put it on my brow bone instead. I still don’t find the other shades too impressive as I find that they are not pigmented for my liking. But I do think it is a great affordable contour kit, especially for beginners since the shades are not super pigmented it is easier to use.
- Hoola Bronzer: This was on my 2016 Favorites and for good reason. It is one of my favorite bronzers of all times because it is super flattering on the skin. Hoola provides my skin with a nice tan glow without making me look too muddy. This month however, I have actually been using it all over my lid for a subtle color. In the mornings, I am always too lazy to wear heavy makeup but I do like a bit of color and Hoola bronzer has been my go-to this month.
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer: I am actually planning to write a full review on this, but this has been my favorite foundation of this month. It has light/medium coverage and I find that it does cover up my flaws without making my face look too cake-y. However, if I do use too much powder, I do find that some parts of my face do look super dry. But I love how it feels on my skin and it does not feel tacky so I do not need to use a powder.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I only have a sample size of this product but I love it. It does feel like a regular silicon primer, but it makes my make up last all day. After using this primer, my foundation/concealer goes on super easily and everything is super blendable. My base makeup looks super smooth whenever I use this primer and I am definitely considering getting the full size once I am done with the sample size.
- NYX Prismatic Pro Single Eyeshadow (Quad): My best friend got me this for Christmas and I had never actually tried out NYX single eyeshadows until now. They are pretty pigmented and very good quality. I have been loving the darkest color there (which I actually don’t know the name/number of), I usually use it on the corner of my eye, to provide more depth to my eyes. On a day to day basis, I tend to put Hoola bronzer all over my lid and the NYX color on the outside corner of my eye to provide more depth. I am very impressed with these colors and is considering getting more, I love how they are also singles so you can essentially create your own palette.