I recently took a weekend trip to Philly and since we were only there for three days, I did not want to lug all my makeup there but I wanted to make sure that I had the essentials. Here is a peak into what I brought with me to Philly along with some tips that I have for packing light!
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, I got a travel size item of this a wide back and I love this primer so I brought it along with me (especially since most of my other primers are huge).
- Setting Spray: I brought along my travel size Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (I actually own a lot of travel size items, as I find that travel size items are a great affordable way to try out new products.) This is my favorite setting spray which is why I love having a travel size of this item.
- Blush/Bronzer: Duos are great for traveling, you get two different products in one compact! I brought along my NARS duo in Laguna and Orgasm. Instead of bringing eye shadow along, I used laguna on my eyelids to bring a bit of color to my eyes.
- Powder: ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder is the setting powder that I brought along since it is super light and it prevents my face from becoming too oily.
- Concealer: I actually brought concealer in a lighter shade and a darker shade so I could use them for contour as well. This saves me less items to bring along since I know I would need concealer anyways. The lighter concealer I brought along is the Maybelline Fit Me in light which is a great under-eye concealer. For the “contour” shade I brought along LA Girl Pro Concealer in cool tan, another super affordable great concealer.
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: This was in my January Favorites and the reason is because it is super light weight while evening out my skin tone. It is a great BB cream for the day since it provides enough coverage without making me look cake-y.
- Highlighter: I brought along my travel size Becca highlighter in Opal which is one of my favorite highlighters. It is such a flattering color for both the day time and night time.
- Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, Black: Eyeliner is one of my staple items and I have been loving this liquid eyeliner which some have said is a dupe of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper!
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define: Another must have item for me is a brow pencil and I brought along both my Maybelline and Anastasia Brow Wiz because they are such small items and I need both to help my brow situation.
- Mascara: Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara is the mascara that I have been using for the last couple of months and I really like how it lengths and volumizes my lashes.
If I had to leave the house with only one makeup item on my face, it would be my brows. When I first started wearing make-up, I never realized the importance of brows. After my best friend helped me fill in my brows on day, my life was forever changed. Brows help to frame the face and by just filling in my brows, my face automatically looks more awake.
Theses are my holy grail brow products that I use on the daily. I am going to be honest and say that I do not try out brow products really often; but that is only because I am already so obsessed with the brow products that I already own.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz: I am sure that everyone has heard of this product because all the Youtubers have raved about this product one time or another. This was my first brow pencil ever and the moment I used it, I knew why everyone loved it so much. It glides on extremely smoothly and it is so precise. Especially when I was a beginner, I needed something with a “fine” tip so that I could get my brows to look the way I wanted them too. This product is so easy to use and I would say it is a great staple for any beginners. The color that I use is dark brown as I find it matches best with my dark brown hair. This product does last all day as well which is amazing because nobody wants to look in the mirror and see half their brows missing during lunch time.
- Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define + Fill Duo: I picked up this product when I was looking for a dupe for the Brow Wiz because paying $21 for a brow product that I use every day was a bit pricey for me. I picked up this product from the drug store and it worked way better than I expected. It goes on extremely smoothly and lasts all day as well. The only problem is that the tip is not as “fine” as the brow wiz. I usually like outlining my brows with the Brow Wiz and then filling them in with the Eyestudio Brow Define.
- Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer: This is the newest item to my brow collection, I like this for keeping my brows in place and for giving my brows more volume. It makes my brows look more “natural” but I have to say that the applicator is not the greatest. It is a bit hard to be precise with this product but I do like using it occasionally when I want more volume in my brows.
The month of January flew by and since I have been doing a no spend I decided to go through my make-up collection to try out some items that I may have forgotten about. I have a bunch of items that I recently fell in love with again, some of these items I have loved in the past and some of these items I was meh about in the beginning but they have started to work for me now.
- ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer: When I first tried this primer, I did not find that it was anything special. However, the more I began using it the more I began liking it. It helps to smooth out my skin and my foundation/BB cream goes on so smoothly afterwards. I really like how it feels on my skin and how soft it makes my skin feel afterwards.
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream: I use to love this but for some reason I had put it away and completely forgot about it. To be honest I am not a huge fan of foundation as I find that it makes me look super cake-y, therefore I turned to BB cream as they are more lightweight while still providing coverage. This product is great for covering up small blemishes while still feeling lightweight on my skin.
- Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: I actually heard of this eyeliner from Jen (Beauddiction), she mentioned that this eyeliner would be a great dupe for the Kat Von D eyeliner in Trooper. Since I had just ran out of my regular eyeliner, I decided to pick it up. It has a super fine tip which is great for creating a winged eyeliner. The tip is extremely soft as well which sometimes makes it a bit hard to control. It is a great black eyeliner for an extremely affordable price.
- ELF Baked Highlighter and Bronzer: I got this in my Influenster box and I was never a fan of the bronzer. However, the highlighter on the other hand is extremely pretty. I find that it is a great everyday highlighter, it provides a nice glow to the face without being too shiny.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy – Pink Kiss: I never use to wear blush but I wanted to expand my make-up skills so I began playing around with blush. This is a great pale pink color without much glittery particles in it. It is a pretty matte shade which I really like since I normally put highlighter on top and I do not want my face to be too sparkly. The blush is also pretty pigmented so you do need a light hand if you do not want too much pink on your cheeks.
- Nars – Laguna and Orgasm Duo: These two are probably the most popular blush and bronzer by Nars. Since I was not sure how I would like them, I decided to get the travel size duo. This way I could try both products without committing to a full size product in case I was not a fan. To be honest, I feel like my Laguna shade is extremely not pigmented. I have to dip my brush into it multiple times before I get any color on my skin; since I have heard good things, I believe that I just got a bad batch. The Orgasm blush on the other hand is a pretty pink shade, there is sparkles in this blush compared to the Estee Lauder one. I love the color that it provides to my cheeks and it is not as pigmented as the Estee Lauder so there is a lower chance that you might overload on this color.