2016 has been the year where I began experimenting more with make-up. I have been using makeup for a while but 2016 was the year where I began trying out new trends and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Here are some of my favorite products of 2016, these products may not have been launched in 2016 but they were the items that I discovered in 2016 and found myself reaching for constantly.
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour: This was my first high-end contour palette that I got for myself this year and I absolutely love it. It seems amazing and does it great job contouring and it is a great palette for beginners.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer: Got to try this item through Influencer and was really impressed by how much I liked it. It is extremely creamy, blend-able and full coverage.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: This is pretty much my holy grail setting spray that I use every single time I do a full face of makeup. It helps to set my makeup and helps my makeup last all night long regardless of where I go. It is definitely a necessity in my make-up routine.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: This is the most recent contour palette to join my contour kit family but I am already loving this product. There is six shades that are removeable/replaceable which I love since you can essentially customize this palette to your desired shades. The shades themselves are so buttery and blend-able as well.
- Becca: Champagne Pop: This has been the highlighter that I had been waiting so long to get my hands on and I am so glad that I did. It is a beautiful soft white highlight with peachy undertones and it is absolutely stunning on. I have been non-stop wearing this product since I got it.
- Hoola Bronzer: This is the bronzer that people raved out for ages. I am pretty sure that everyone and their mother owns this bronzer. When I finally picked up this bronzer I finally understood the hype, it is a great bronzer that provides a beautiful bronze look without making you look muddy. It works for so many skin tones as well!
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip : Colourpop has been one of my favorite companies for liquid lipsticks, they are so affordable and the quality is pretty amazing. They are long lasting, pigmented and have a HUGE color range. In 2016, I have pretty much only reached for liquid lipsticks especially the colourpop ones.
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation: I got this product from Influenster way back when it first launched. Back then I did not use it much but in 2016 this has became my go-to foundation. It is light to medium coverage and very buildable. It is super blendable and makes my skin look super natural without making me look cake-y.
I am super excited for all the new make-up that is launching in 2017 and there is already a running list of make-up products that I want to try out. I do want to work on destashing my make-up collection before I go crazy and buy a huge amount of makeup though!