Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
I was actually super excited to get the Kat Von D box from Influester which included two shades of the Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème, two brushes and the Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder. The item that I was most excited for was the concealer, as I am always in the market for a good concealer. This item retails for $26 at Sephora.
If there is anything I love about Kat Von D products, it is their packaging. The packaging for this concealer is to die for, it is super sleek and creative. I love how I can see the color from the tube and the quality of the packaging is amazing.
When I first began to use this product, I was amazed by the brush as it is so different from any of the brushes that I have seen before. This brush was a lot wider and flatter than concealer brushes that I have seen in the past. Since the brush is shaped this way I find that it is super easy to apply this concealer.
The shade that I use is Warm, which is a bit lighter than my skin tone but I like to use it for a bit of highlighting and brightening of the under eye area. There is a good color selections inclusive of both lighter skinned females and women of color which is a huge plus in my books.
The way that I normally wear this concealer is over foundation, I would use a damp beauty blender to blend everything out. Once that is done, I will go in with a powder to set my under eye area. After wearing this concealer multiple times, I can say that I am currently loving this concealer for many reasons:
- Very full coverage – pretty much completely hides any pimples and my dark eye circles.
- Great color selection!
- Does not crease on me – I do set this with a setting powder after I put it on
- It lasts the whole day for me – I do use a setting spray once I have applied all my makeup.
- Very blend-able and creamy
I do find a couple of things that I do not like too much about this concealer.
- The concealer is quiet thick – I do find that if I do not use moisturizer or a good primer underneath it can look cake-y.
- It is also a bit drying so as mentioned before a good moisturizer and/or primer is necessary.
Despite the cons, I do love this concealer for days where I want to wear more makeup. It has been my go-to concealer for nights out ever since I got it!