The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer has to be one of the first concealers that I have ever tried. I found it at my local CVS when I was first experimenting with concealers and now four years later I am still using it! To be honest I never realized what a great concealer this was until I began trying other concealers and found myself reaching back to this one. It is extremely affordable, I found it at my local CVS for about $6.50 and there is always deals so usually I can get it at a even cheaper price. There are many beauty bloggers who called this concealer a dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which retails for about $29. Personally I have never used the Nars concealer so I cannot compare to two.
I own two colors; light and medium. For myself, I find that the shade light works great as a highlighting concealer and on days where I want to step up my contour game I would use the shade light for under my eyes and on top of my nose. However, for days where I just want to cover up my dark circles I would stick to the shade medium. There are a couple of reasons why I absolutely love this concealer:
- It is extremely creamy and I never have trouble blending it out. Usually, I use a damp beauty blender to blend it out and it comes out so smooth and I do not look cake-y at all.
- Does not crease in my under eye area. With setting spray I find that this concealer pretty much lasts me a good eight hours, I can wear it and at the end of the day I do not see any creasing or dry spots.
- The concealer is also very lightweight. It feels really natural on and I do not find it heavy or sticky.
- The coverage is light to medium. It does cover up my dark circles decently well and it provides a brightening effect for my under eye area. However, if I do have a especially nasty red pimple it does need more layering – but the concealer is extremely buildable so that is not a problem.
There are a couple of downsides that I have found for this concealer:
- The color range is quite limited; there is only six different shades compare to some other concealers which have about 26 different shades.
- Not full coverage but as I mentioned before it is build-able but never to that flawless finish
Besides the limited color range, I think that this concealer works beautifully for everyday wear. It is affordable and is able to provide me with a smooth natural finish.