When I was younger, I use to take my skin for granted as I never had any big skin problems. I had the usual breakout during puberty but other than that my skin remained pretty clear. My skin type would be categorized as dry, so in the past my skin care routine consisted of moisturizer and that was pretty much it. It was not until I got older and realized the importance of skin care, so I have been trying to find a routine that works for me and I have been using these sets of products for about a couple of months now and I really like how my skin is looking and feeling.
- Makeup Removing Wipes: If I had to pick only one step in this routine that I would follow, it would be to remove my makeup. I love makeup remover wipes because I can easily wipe off my makeup and I do not need to worry about getting cotton pads/cotton balls. My favorite ones are the Simple (Pictured) and the Neutrogena wipes
- Purity Made Simple: I do find that makeup remover wipes do not fully remove my makeup; no matter how long I wipe there will always be left over mascara or eyeliner somewhere near my eye. Therefore, I began going in with the Purity One Step Facial Cleanser to really remove all the dirt on my face. I have heard from some people that Purity is enough to remove all their makeup, however I found that was not the case for me. When I used Purity alone there was always leftover makeup residue on my face but combing it with makeup remover sheets really gets my face clean.
- Toner: I have been loving the Clinique Clarifying Lotion. Toner is most likely the newest item in my skincare routine; in the past I did not understand the point of toner. But after I began using it, it makes my skin feel so much better. My skin feels a lot softer and smoother with the help of toner.
- Eye Cream: Another new addition into my skincare routine ever since I realized that I am only going to get older and need to prevent wrinkles, especially near the eye area. I have been using the Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone eye cream. I cannot say that there is an amazing difference between using the eye cream and not using the eye cream, but I hope that in the future I will be able to say there is a difference. Anyways, better to prevent the wrinkles before they come!
- Moisturizer: My skin has always been dry and moisturizer is another must have in my skincare routine. I have been loving the Clinique – Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as it does my skin amazingly smooth and it does not break me out.
I have been using these products since summer and still loving the combination. I may change things up once winter comes along but currently these are my go-to products.