I normally use liquid eyeliner, however my friend got this eyeliner for me as a present. I am not use to using pencil eyeliners however I find that it is easier to use pencil eyeliners to get closer to the waterline in comparison to liquid eyeliner. The eyeliner is in the color ebony.
The picture on the left is what the eyeliner looks like and the picture on the right is swatches of the eyeliner. The top line is the eyeliner with about five strokes whereas the lower line is the eyeliner with just one stroke. The color payoff is very bold.
Water Test: I know the eyeliner is not water proof but I wanted to see how it smudges. The picture on the left is the eyeliner when I ran my hand under water and the picture on the right is the eyeliner after I smudged it when it was wet.
The picture on the left is when I just put on the eyeliner and the picture on the right is after I had worn it for 8 hours, you can see the smudges on the corner of the eye. It is not apparent in the picture, however there was smudging on my eyelid as well.
- Very Affordable-it costs around $7-12 dollars at most drugstores
- The color is very bold and just one stroke provides very good color payoff
- It is very easy to use and I would say it is a good eyeliner for beginnings
- It is fairly easy to remove-I was able to easily remove it with facial cleanser and water
- The eyeliner is not long lasting, after around 4 hours of wear I saw smudging especially around the corner of my eyes
- The color seemed to fade over time and after a while the color was not as bold as it was when I put it on
- It is hard to obtain fine lines since the tip is a bit blunt
Overall, I think that it is a good eyeliner for beginners to practice and start off with. However, I would not repurchase this product in the future because I dislike how it smudges after hours of wear and I do not like how I cannot make precise fine lines with this eyeliner. I think that this eyeliner would work best with people who have less oily eyelids, because with oily eyelids the eyeliner smudges very easily. It is also best worn in the winter, especially because during the summer it smudges even faster.